TNG MasterCard Data Collection Policy
TNG MasterCard Data Collection Policy
TNG (Asia) Limited and its affiliates (hereinafter referred to as “TNG”, “we”, “us” or “our”) undertake to fully meet the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of the Hong Kong.
Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by us is accurate. We will take all practicable steps to ensure security of the personal data and to avoid unauthorised or accidental access, erasure or other use.
This Data Collection Policy (the “Policy”) describes how TNG collect, use and share data from you and the choices that you can make about the way your data is collected, used and shared.
Please note that if you do not provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to provide the information, products or services you need or process your request.
We collect your information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity;
- To process your application for any service
- To communicate with you
- To facilitate the daily operation of the services provided to you;
- To conduct customer due diligence as required by law and regulations;
- To provide you with marketing and promotional materials for your enjoyment of benefits;
- To compile and analyse aggregate statistics about the users’ use of our website and service for our internal use;
- To handle and investigate complaints;
- To facilitate TNG’s use of your personal data for purposes relating to the provision of services offered by TNG and/or our merchants, and marketing services, special events and/or promotions of TNG and/or our merchants;
- To meet our obligations, requirements or arrangements in connection with any law, regulation, judgement, court order, sanctions regime, within or outside Hong Kong, existing currently and in the future, and to comply with any guidelines, guidance or requests given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial services provided within or outside Hong Kong (the “Authorities”); and
- To assist in prevention, detection and investigation of crime and suspicious transactions.
Disclosure or Transfer of Data
We agree to take all practicable steps to keep all your personal data confidential and/or undisclosed, subject to the provisions in this section. Generally speaking, we will only disclose and/or transfer your personal information to our personnel and staff for the purpose of providing services to you. However, we may disclose and/or transfer such information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- Where the information is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party who have been duly authorized by us to use such information under a duty of confidentiality;
- Where the information is disclosed and/or transferred to any TNG agents, affiliates or associates who have been duly authorized by us to use such information;
- Where TNG needs to protect and defend our rights and property;
- Where TNG considers necessary to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on TNG and/or our merchants; and
- Where TNG deems necessary to do so in order to maintain and improve the services; and
- Personal data collected may be transferred, stored and processed in any country in which TNG operate. You are deemed to have agreed to, consented to and authorized us to disclose and/or transfer your personal information under the circumstances stated above.
or the purposes set out above, we may provide your personal information to the following parties or any of them:
- any agents, contractors, sub-contractors or associates of the TNG (including their employees, officers, agents, contractors, service providers and professional advisers);
- any third party service providers who provide services to us or any affiliate of our parent company, TNG FinTech Group Inc., in connection with the operation or maintenance of our business (including their employees and officers);
- any Authorities;
- any persons under a duty of confidentiality to us or any affiliate of TNG FinTech Group Inc. which have undertaken to keep such data confidential;
- any credit reference agencies;
- any affiliate of TNG FinTech Group Inc.;
- third party financial institutions, insurers, credit card companies, securities and investment services providers;
- third party reward, loyalty, co-branding and privileges programme providers;
- co-branding partners of ours or any affiliate of TNG FinTech Group Inc. (the names of such co-branding partners will be provided during the application process for the relevant products and services, as the case may be); and
- charitable or non-profit making organisations.
Access and correct your information
You may access your personal information that we have collected and correct factual errors in your personal information by sending us a request that credibly shows error. You also have the rights to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by us.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with any request for access to your data.
All requests regarding access to or correction of your personal information should be made in writing to:
The Data Protection Officer
TNG (Asia) Limited
c/o 21/F, Olympia Plaza
255 King’s Road
If you have questions regarding this Policy, please contact our Customer Service team at +852 3951-6268 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated on September 2019 in Hong Kong.